Notification

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I am looking for the notification tab in jamf pro. If I need the screenshot of notification tab, where can I see it?

or how can I add the notification to get the users for software updates? Can you please help me with this?

3 REPLIES 3

Tangentism
Contributor II

On a standard policy, there is a tab called 'User Interaction', this is where you can set the messages that will appear to the user when the policy requires a reboot.

There are scripts people have created that give a more featured experience specifically for software updates (such as 'deferrals') such as 'install-or-defer' or 'better jamf policy deferral'  

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 12.20.20.png

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi Tangentism,

if i give 1 day in deferral type, the policy will run after one day? or we will get the software updates after 1 day? which is correct?

How do we enable notification to user to receive the updates?

Tangentism
Contributor II

In the admin guide, it says:

Before a policy runs on a computer, the user is prompted to choose to have the policy run immediately or to defer the policy for one of the following:

• 1 hour

• 2 hours

• 4 hours

• 1 day

• The amount of time until the deferral limit is reached

If the user chooses to defer the policy, they are prompted with the original message after the chosen amount of time. When the deferral limit is reached, a message is displayed to notify the user, and the policy runs immediately.

To avoid policy deferment issues and excessive re-runs, the deferment must not exceed the execution frequency configured for the policy.

https://docs.jamf.com/10.30.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/User_Interaction_with_Policies.html