Composer 8.71 issues in 10.8.4

mpittcasd
Contributor

I'm trying to create an OS Package for 10.8.4, but I'm not having any luck. When I initially ran Composer, it would be mounted and I could select that to build the package with. After trying to create the package, Composer closes without any messages. I saw the dmg file show up momentarily once, but no trace of it since.

After restarting, when I open Composer now it is not mounted, so I am getting a message "There are no available volumes on this computer." when I select Build OS Package. I have tried mounting my Casper share also but it doesn't become an option in Composer.

I tried searching around, but I couldn't find anyone having the same problem. Has anyone tried or been successful creating an OS Package with the last tools and OS versions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I assume you are booting the system from some external boot volume so you can use Composer to capture the OS you are trying to package up. What's the version of the OS on your external boot volume that you are running Composer from?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I assume you are booting the system from some external boot volume so you can use Composer to capture the OS you are trying to package up. What's the version of the OS on your external boot volume that you are running Composer from?

mpittcasd
Contributor

That was it, I was doing it from the target drive itself. I am getting further but now I get permission denied, but I believe that is the permissions on the share I tried saving it to. Thanks for your help.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

Your welcome. I normally have my external boot volume partitioned with a boot partition and a storage partition. Then I will use Composer to package up the OS and save it to my storage partition. Then I can drop it into Casper Admin so I can build my configuration.