Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Configure New Apple Mc Book Pro's

Dear All, This is my first post here, We are getting around 20 new apple laptops, I'm having our dealer added them to our DEP account (still VPP is not on yet). can you please point me to any link or info. that can give us step by step config. proces...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Apps Not Installing

Mac OS 10.11.6Casper/JSS version 9.9.6 On my first attempt at setting up automatic installation of VPP apps, I have run into a situation where only some of the apps will install automatically. I have six free VPP apps that I am trying to deploy via t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using NPAPI and PPAPI Plugins

Recently Chrome has stopped auto updating its built in Flash player and end users are getting a flash error when using Chrome with certain sites. Chrome itself updates fine, however, and is current on all machines I've checked having the flash issue....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver payload issues

Setting the screensaver password payload as such: Is sometimes resulting in: The controls are locked/greyed out but the settings, and more importantly, the behavior isn't what's in the payload. Looks good in the Profiles system preference JSS 9.97mac...  View more

6e25c1d6e065436a9f79fab7781f509f e22bbcf30631444d97c3ad1a09c76461 e381cb3e9d684d4ab60a2f6fd50ba8fa
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

443 https traffic window 2012 r2 server with IIS

Folks, Okay we are at our limit trying to figure out our 443 traffic issues with the JSS we have installed on win 2012 r2 server with IIS. We have two servers behind a Load Balancer the 8443 traffic works without an issue to both machines our 443 tra...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service UI elements

Hi All! This is really about usability than an actual bug. Is anyone else seeing UI elements that are overlaid or inaccessible to users in SS like the one in this screenshot? If you have, is there a way to make that better?  View more

6daca452e0304c0394ccfe86315f7169
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gatekeeper Path Randomization - Missing Dock Icons

So I finally got around to making a sierra build, and I have encountered a little annoying challenge. After the imaging process was complete, I noticed icons in the Dock had a question mark or missing icon overlay for the application. Upon some inves...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeployStudio 1.7.6 - can't netboot anything now!!

Ok, so netboot was working perfectly fine on our 10.7.5 server. DeployStudio was on v1.6.x (don't remember which exact build...). Sometime last year we got in some iMac Late 2015s and they would not boot, even after creating a new NBI with it. So we ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Updates issue

Good morning. I have a student that is having issues with PDF Expert missing from his iPad. It started doing this several weeks ago. I can't see anything wrong with the groups he is assigned to in JSS. We can go into Self Service and re-install the a...  View more

c8ecf0a5a7ca406499280ba791bfd4f1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 10 for MSPs?

Hi Does anyone know if jamf 10 will have better support for MSPs? We are looking at deploying jamf but would rather manger one instance in the cloud for many customers than many jamf servers for each customer.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

patch management - sources

Hi all, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but from which source is JAMF getting the latest software version? Example: Today I got the notification that there is a new software version of Adobe Reader now available.But if I go to the Download secti...  View more

491dfdff03294219b877084f731d4821 b1349c7129fb425285bd891c37315268
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are you using for JSS log viewing (syslog)

6 Splunk alternatives for log analysisSplunk may be the most famous way to make sense of mass quantities of log data, but it's far from the only player around We heard good things about Graylog as a syslog server, but in searching found a good number...  View more

67c4a0486e0148ddb3fadd38ef546e2d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging Slow, Local Distribution Point, "

Hey all, I recently created a thread describing my steps for imaging Casper here https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22840/guide-to-creating-sierra-base-image-from-a-to-z I'm imaging a 2016 Macbook Pro and it's taking about 30-45 minutes per...  View more

0f64b1b42cb3482694c73c11c7b7efcc
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Mail Setting Change with Office 365/Exchange?

Hi - We're getting ready to convert our Exchange users from on-site Exchange (2010) to Office 365 email over the next few months. We've migrated about 200 users so far, and most of the complaints we got from Mac users were about the server re-configs...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mode partagé et Webclip

Bonsoir, Nous avons activé le mode partagé sur nos iPads et visiblement nous ne pouvons plus installer de Webclip sur les tablettes. Avez-vous une idée pour mettre à dispo des élèves un Web Clip, favoris ou autre ?? Actuellement les enseignants passe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

desktop alias/icon arrangement

Is there a way to arrange icons/alias on the desktop outside of applescript? That is the only way that comes to mind. I know a way of doing this in some linux distributions. I would prefer not to use apple script. I have a kiosk type machine that has...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing the Authorization Database

Hi from France. I'm unable to achieve the following result :- set changes to preferences to require authentication by a user with admin privileges- let standard users to configure the Date & Time System Preference. After some hours of tries and resea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for automating Office 2016 updates?

I am just wondering how everyone is managing automating Office 2016 updates with Jamf? I know that MAU 4.0 is supposed to have system level settings available but as of right now it is still user level. I have a very large number of dispersed lab com...  View more

• 64 replies
  • 3 kudos

Cinema 4D R17 Installation Solved

I wanted to give something back to the group since everyone has been so helpful to me. Thank you all. I was having trouble creating a package for the Maxon Cinema 4D installation of which we are currently on the R17 release. I reached out to Maxon an...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office 2016 Auto Updates need Admin Rights?

Hi all, aside from the question if Auto Updates are good or not I am interested in whether Office 2016 Auto Updater needs Admin rights or not when set to "Auto Update&Install". Someone who actually tested this? ThanksThomas  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapped drive preventing logon to Active Directory

We are in the process of migrating users and computer from one domain (Windows 2008 domain and forest functional level) to Windows 2012 R2. Users are migrated with their SID History as well as groups. Users, also, have their home drive mapped to H: i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect and adding external network adapters.

Sometimes after the first reboot after using Casper Imaging, the network adapter isn't detected and some scripts and binding that require a working network connection will fail. Our imaging process still relies on Netbooting and using Casper Imaging....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors