Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

New Jersey JNUG meetup

Anyone from New Jersey and other tristate interested in meeting up at JNUC? Date and location TBD https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/jnucEvent.html?eventId=278&view=info  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra Login Wallpaper

In the past, we've set our login window wallpaper to our logo by placing our custom wallpaper at /Library/Caches/com.apple.desktop.admin.png This no longer appears to work in Sierra. Has anyone been able to get this working?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps Disappear After Restore

After doing an iCloud restore of a backed up iPad, all of the previously installed apps are listed ... for a minute. Then they disappear before completing the installation, as though they've been revoked. This is happening on old iTunes accounts, new...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Printers in JSS

For those of you who manage network printers in the JSS... Just curious - have you had any luck using the JSS's "Use generic PPD", or do you set the exact path to the manufacture's PPD file? Most of my printers are failry plain jane HP printers that ...  View more

050654c978294d8797ee04bf2e6bf8d8
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Casper Imaging Logs ??

Hi all, At the moment I am going insane :) I am trying to setup Casper Imaging. And I thought I had it nailed. I can Netboot (or external boot) and run Casper Imaging and restore a machine using a predefined config. What I don't understand is that ou...  View more

e4b3e62abcb047669c431a89317bcabc ee26271e74ac4b4c954d65dfedce7198
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.81 to 9.96 Policy scope LDAP issue

We recently upgraded from 9.81 to 9.96 and are seeing all policies which are set with a limited scope of an LDAP group/s causes an issue whereby its unable to display any logs from the policy. Even though I can run the policy on a device and I can se...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation ipad impossible

Bonjour, Je vous soumets deux bizarreries : J'ai deux iPads qui souffrent du même symptôme. Des élèves qui avaient enrollés leur iPad sans soucis et utilisé le device pendant plusieurs semaine ont redémarré la machine. Depuis, l'appareil semble comme...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate account creation during Prestage Enrollment

Hi all, For JSS 9.93, is there a way automate the account creation during the Prestage Enrollment? Please look at the screenshot below Here is what we're trying to accomplish: During DEP, the user is asked to enter their AD credential. With JSS 9.93,...  View more

574d0336940f49039f11f3cc9cf9ce4e
  • 43 replies
  • 0 kudos

Region Codes for DVDs and NON-ADMIN accounts

I've already done research and found some useful help from the Scripts section of JAMF and Mac Mule. Although this is great there is no longer etc/authorization but now it resides in /var/db/auth.db I have Macbook Airs with USB DVD Drives that prompt...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Configuration Profile Dock Web Clips

Trying to get my Webclips into the dock in a configuration profile on iOS 10 using JSS 9.96. I can push the web clips with the Web Clip tab in the configuration profile...but when I try to arrange it into the dock it doesn't seem to work. Any thought...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unhide/Delete a User Account?

If I create a hidden account with the JAMF binary below, how can I delete the account or how can I unhide it? This is how I create it: sudo jamf createAccount -username localadmin -realname Local Admin -password P@ssw0rd -admin -hiddenUser This creat...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

API flush commands - no URL

I made my shell script that contains the following: curl -sfku https://myjssurl:8443/commandflush/mobiledevices/serialnumber/DMPPL5HHFK11/status/Failed --user "$username:$password" -X DELETE When I run it, I get "curl: no URL specified!" So tried the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Software update Server question

We have several NetSUS running as distribution points, netboot servers, and as software update servers. Recently we noticed that when we browse the IP address of the NetSUS, it shows the directory listing (the catalog names). Is there any way to turn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad app distribution workflow suggestions

I'm looking for some guidance and best practice ideas. We are a district of about 1000 macs and 200 iPads. The macs we manage with success but we are struggling with how to best distribute apps to iPads. We have a mix of uses - some carts, personally...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update | Mac Server | SM share

Hello fab nation. We use a Mac Mini as "Software Update Servers" and we are running out of space. :-( We wanted the mac mini to use an SMB share as updates repo but we struggle with the conf.we followed this : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/424...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto deletion of text messages

Apple allows in Settings to set auto deletion of text messages every 30 days or 1 year. We want to set the text deletion to every 24 hours. Can this be done with JAMF products? If not, anyone know how to accomplish this.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors