Composer issue- not picking up file in home dir

derek1449
New Contributor

This is an Illustrator CS6 plug-in/extension on OS X called Triple Triangle. Firstly, I know about "fill existing user home dirs" and all that and have relied on such functionality before with other package builds and have been successful. But not this time.

Composer is not picking up a particular home dir file overwritten (or added) at ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AI CS6/en_US/New Document Profiles (I am replacing the print.ai profile with a customized one).

I tried adding the file to the package source manually in Composer and thought it might work once I enabled FEU but it does not. While my experience is still relatively limited I am a little surprised and confused by this; only thing I can come up with is maybe because it's going into an Adobe dir (I know Adobe package building is often if not always 'different' and more involved but not the details of that).

5 REPLIES 5

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Are you building the package as a .pkg or .dmg?

derek1449
New Contributor

dmg. No experience with pkg yet. Using New & Modified Snapshot. Composer 9.4 (we are a bit behind here).

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

If its just the one file you shouldn't need a snapshot. Just drag the file you want into the Composer sidebar.

I'm guessing its either something funky with the Adobe folder (permissions of odd locking attributes), or the package structure isn't quite right.

Could you post a screenshot of the composer window to show the path for the file your packaging?

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Maybe you could download the latest version of Composer and see if that makes a difference? I think you should be able to use the latest version of Composer even if the rest of the JSS is an older version.

derek1449
New Contributor

Oh sorry…This print.ai is a secondary part of the package (it's like a template for new docs). So the main plug in software is just a folder in the Adobe AI CS6 Plug-Ins folder. That part is working fine.

Could come back with a screenie, yes.

Maybe I will try to make a second sep package not using Snapshot, thanks.

And I have later Composer version; I could try.