Computer Lab Mac's

dlondon
Valued Contributor

We are looking at replacing the Mac's in some computer labs.  Last time I re-used the older wired keyboards and mice so we didn't have the problems of flat batteries or keyboards/mice disappearing.  

Are there any wired keyboards/mice that people have found are good for Mac's?

We are going to get Mac Mini's so am also asking if anyone has advice on good ways to lock them down

3 REPLIES 3

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

We are running Cherry Mouses and keyboards, You can get them in USB-A and USB-C. Work well dont have too many issues, apart from students dumping bags on them and managing to pull keys off.
We used a Vesa cage thing that gets fixed to the back of the Displays to hold our Minis, You can lock them in place. I also found there is just enough room to slip the keyboard and mouse leads between the cage and the Mini, which prevents them for going for a walk.

raarts05
New Contributor

We are using these for our Lab Macs:

https://macally-europe.com/mac-pc

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You can really use any old keyboard and mouse. The biggest thing you would want are keyboards with Apple key faces (ie command key instead of windows key). Unfortunately this market is so niche that you will not really find any wired keyboards with macOS key faces. I would just go with the cheapest commodity keyboard you can find.

You can mount Mac Mini's to the back of monitors with Vesa cages, or bolt them to the bottom of the desks. Reach out to your reseller, they will likely have options for you.