Computers: "Mac App Store Apps": How to update the list?

floh
New Contributor III

Hi everybody,

An app was broken on my machine, so I deleted it manually (perhaps that was a mistake).

Now, if I go this way:
Computers > Search Inventory > my MacBook > History > Mac App Store Apps

The app still appears under the list of "installed apps," even though I deleted it. How can I update that list?

Best regards,
Floh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nicholaus
Contributor

The history tab will just show you that an app successfully installed from Jamf Pro, not that it was removed locally. Update Inventory (Open Terminal on the device and run: sudo jamf recon) on the device and look in Computers > Search Inventory > Your MacBook > Inventory > Applications. Does it still show in that list?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

agyekum28
New Contributor III

The app may be reinstalling itself as it is still listed in the scope of that application, you can remove the machine from  the scope of the specific application

Nicholaus
Contributor

The history tab will just show you that an app successfully installed from Jamf Pro, not that it was removed locally. Update Inventory (Open Terminal on the device and run: sudo jamf recon) on the device and look in Computers > Search Inventory > Your MacBook > Inventory > Applications. Does it still show in that list?

floh
New Contributor III

Hi everybody. Today, the app was reinstalled. Yesterday, I performed the following steps:

1. Added the device to the exclude-list in scope.
  2. Restarted the Mac.
  3. Removed the device from the exclude-list.
  4. Restarted the Mac again.

However, there have been no changes up until today. How can I force an installation? Sometimes, it takes a very long time for an application to be installed, which can be frustrating for new users who have just received a new MacBook. :/

@Nicholaus: Thank you for your hint. Didn't know the command 'jamf recon'), will do that next time. So this updates the inventory list? I canno test that now because as I just wrote the app is reinstalled.

Best regards,
Floh