Config Profile fails install if SSID isn't ready?

dferrara
Contributor II

We're changing our wireless key and to prepare, I'm using Tim Sutton's excellent script (https://github.com/timsutton/make-profile-pkg) to package and deploy the new config before the cutover.

Using this same method, the package installs the profile and reports success using our current wireless key. When I test with the new key (which isn't active yet), the install fails. I was expecting to at least see the profile installed in Sys Prefs > Profiles.

Anyone know if this is expected behavior? (A config doesn't take if the SSID/authentication fails?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dferrara
Contributor II

This does appear to be expected behavior. Sure enough, the profile installs and attempts to connect, but if the connection fails (SSID not found) the profile will uninstall itself and report as Failed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dferrara
Contributor II

This does appear to be expected behavior. Sure enough, the profile installs and attempts to connect, but if the connection fails (SSID not found) the profile will uninstall itself and report as Failed.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

What happens if you turn off Airport before the config profile is installed? It should install anyway, based on my experience.