Configuration profile for Dot1x PEAP network for iOS

lubkens05
New Contributor II

I am attempting to create a configuration profile for our new wireless network. For OSX, I am able to send a configuration profile with our CA's root certificate (Server 2012) and then enter my own AD credentials - this connects me with no certificate errors or prompts.

For our iPads, I can't seem to get it working no matter which certificate I push via config profile. They connect fine if I manually click through the certificate trust prompt, but I want to suppress that for our users. I've tried the CA root cert in a couple different formats and also the certificate of the RADIUS server (also Server 2012) but I still get a prompt to trust the certificate. The cert I'm being asked to trust is for our RADIUS server and was issued by our CA.

We are using WPA2 Enterprise PEAP authentication with Microsoft NPS as RADIUS server. I would appreciate any suggestions or insight here - thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

wpsjgreen
New Contributor

Any luck solving this? We're experiencing a similar situation and would welcome any pointers.

lubkens05
New Contributor II

For us, the solution was that I had to re-issue the certificate for our Windows RADIUS server. If I remember correctly, the principal name or some other field was blank which was causing the connection to fail.