Configuration Profile Help

JesseC1006
New Contributor II

Good Morning Everyone,

So we have roughly 4000 iPads.  We are trying to use a config profile to have our students "auto join" a specific SSID with a username and password we supply in the profile itself.  We've had some iPads dropping off WIFI for whatever reason, which we think has something to do with IOS 15 and the iPads losing power (battery died), or the user simply powers it off.  

I have an open ticket with JAMF as I am writing this, about this issue and they suggested a few things.  On our network side of things we have two DHCP servers.  We do have Radius enabled and we used to allow students to use their own Creds to join the WIFI.  But since they could use those creds on their personal devices we had to turn that off.  Hence the point where we are at now.  With that said those DHCP servers prompt for the user to accept a trust certificate once they connect to WIFI.  Even with the autojoin profile there.  Do we have something configured wrong or are we missing something?  We've been struggling with this for over a month now.  And something to note.  This isn't affecting majority of the users......

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I'll gladly explain this scenario over the phone if need be.  Sometimes that's easier.

0 REPLIES 0