Configuration Profile Issues

Kaltsas
Contributor III

I recently setup our JSS such that I want to start using Configuration Profiles. Everything had been working in testing until today, but I didn't make any changes to the JSS that I can recall. I have a valid MDM Push Notification Certificate installed.

Systems enrolled in testing prior to today received the MDM Enrollment profile as well as other profiles based on their scope.

Today any machines I enroll are showing as MDM Capability:No. I'm not sure where the hangup is and I'm not entirely sure I understand what happens when. The machines show as managed, are receiving correct policies, and are able to access other JSS services such as self service fine.

Under Management the configuration profile that should be being distributed is listed as in scope.

I don't think it's a firewall issue because if I update the existing configuration profile the changes are reflected in systems that already have the config profile and MDM Enrollment profile installed.

So it seems that for whatever reason, between yesterday and today, clients are no longer getting the MDM Enrollment profile.

My understanding is that the client should get the MDM Profile directly from the JSS after enrollment, is this correct?

3 REPLIES 3

Kaltsas
Contributor III

Blurp, I forgot that I upgraded from 9.2 to 9.21, it went off without a hitch. Didn't even think of that.

Kaltsas
Contributor III

Blurp, I forgot that I upgraded from 9.2 to 9.21, it went off without a hitch. Didn't even think of that.

andregignac
New Contributor

We are having this issue where client's lose their MDM profile randomly.