Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Issues with .mobileconfig on Mac

I am trying to use a mobileconfig on my macs that have 10.0.2. The issue is that when I set the password policy allow simple or not allow simple and set a 15 character password along with expire times and repeatability. I apply the profile at the com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

2015 Macs

Hi all, My company recently received the 2015 macs however it's in Paris. I already set up a netboot image for Mavericks and Yosemite however I got the prohibitory sign on both. We're getting ready to image macs in Australia and I'm predicting the re...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default distribution point

We have network segments setup and have specified the distribution point for each segment. Each DP has a failover setup just in case. I'm noticing that for whatever reason when running policies through the command line using "sudo jamf policy" that i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Mobile Device Names

I'm curious how everyone is managing device names - I know that you can change/enforce them on a one-by-one basis or via a PreStage Enrollment but this doesn't do much for an existing deployment. Is there any way to batch change/enforce names? If not...  View more

781fc18972e84ac8b5979eeedb9af178
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon Policy Executes Only When Entering Range

Running Casper Suite 9.62 I am experimenting with using iBeacon to promote a user in the iBeacon range to an admin and then demote the user when they are out of range. The documentation I'm using can be found here. I see in the jamf.log that when the...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accessing the user keychain using a script

I'm trying to retrieve the expiration date on a certificate that is only on the user's keychain, so that we can notify the user when their certificate is expiring. After many failed attempts, I've concluded that the best way to do so is to run the se...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP & Thin Imaging

Hey all, We just got DEP rolling on our devices. For Macs i'm wondering if running Casper Image out of the box with our thin imaging setup will interfere with the setup assistant once we boot from the drive. All we have are some software and addition...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS and Multiple NetBoot Images

I am trying to host multiple NetBoot images via a NetSUS appliance. I know there is a long thread/feature request, but I also have found some info that indicates this can be accomplished now. However, I'm not sure how to proceed. The first link I fou...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 & Installing packages

Is it possible to install packages via Casper v 9.6 to a machine that is encrypted using FileVault 2 and has been rebooted and stuck at the "login window" FV2 throws up there? Has the OS loaded enough to install packages from Casper? Thanks in advanc...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper Text

Is it possible to customize the text displayed with jamfHelper?? for example make the text either bold, italic, or underlined I know I can with cocoaDialog but was just trying to use what is already in place  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Failed to Install

Trying to get away from monolith images for users and use the Apple OS installer, along with profiles, scripts and the needed packages. (Plus my monolith image didn't work on the 5k iMac at all, or retina MacBooks very well). I've pulled the Apple Yo...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with Policy

Hello all, This is my first post on here, so I hope its relatively clear, apologies if it isn't ;-). So I am trying to deploy a installation package containing Adobe Design Standard CS6 using a Casper (Version 8.73) policy to over 50 mac computers al...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xserve 2009 Yosemite

Hey All, We recently found a 2009 Xserve in a server room and we want to get it running with the latest version of OS X server from the app store. Here is the issue that we are running into, we get it installed but when we restart the box it will shu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad profiles based on location / Network Segments

Hi all, Is is possible to trigger profiles based on location ?The idea here would be to restrict iPads when students are within school boundaries.iBeacon? SSID? Network Segment? Router itself? If not possible from a technical standpoint, how do you d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firewall settings - need assistance

So, we have a client that is going to be using "Foundstone" software to scan Macs/PC's for vulnerabilities. The client needs to be setup with a hidden account which is a normal user given SSH rights in order to scan/report on software, etc. One of th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Assignment Web Clip Idea for Anyone to Use.

I'm not sure how you guys have been keeping up with whose iPad is assigned to who. This is something I implemented and it works great. It does require you utilize the Username assignment aspect of Casper. Create a new Config Profile called "Assignmen...  View more

1391bd64cfd44197923e7f1a3d198bf2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Sleep/Wake Login Issue?

We currently have a few machines with 10.10 in the wild at the university I work for. They are in active directory so we've already experienced the 50% boot issue (which thankfully will be resolved in 10.10.3 I hear). However, another issue I hear re...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos v9.2 Install

Our laptops are currently running OSX 10.9 with Sophos v9.1 and we need to upgrade to Sophos 9.2. Running the 9.2 install alone does not work. Sophos needs to be uninstalled first and then run the install. I have tried Composer by capturing, running ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sync update choices between multiple NetSUS appliances

Hey JAMFNation,We have 3 NetSUS appliances running in 3 different regions, North America, Asia, and Europe. I want the north american SUS to act as the master and sync the selected updates from all branches. Has anyone done this? Is rsync the answer?...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Trackpad Gestures in 10.9/10.10

I am attempting to disable the multi-touch gestures (like swiping to the left and right, as well as dashboard) on our student laptops running 10.9 and 10.10. I have looked in the features online, and have only seen things for 10.7. There are also con...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon.exe for windows error message

Hi We want to start making test on windows pc licensed software with our PC in our environment. when i try to recon.exe windows machines i get the same error all the time... error 1 Enroll from the application recon.exe : JAMF stopped working.... err...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing password on the secondary password account

I know that this has been asked many ways but not sure how to do this specifically. I have 2 admin accounts on each machine. They are both added with the quick add package and I have have a script that regularly checks for and re adds the secondary a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self SErvice Errors...

Hi, We ugraded to 9.63.Since then. policies fail to run..Here's a snipit of the Log file: 25/03/2015 09:11:28.204 Self Service[2391]: [ERROR] -[InstallerQueueProcessBinder finishProcess] (line:190) --> Policy VMware VDI Client failed with: Error Doma...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Require Password-15 mins issue

Hi. I have 2 configuration Profiles, let's call it Profiles 1 and 2.These 2 profile have the exactly same setting. (I clone profile 1, and rename it for profile 2)"Require iTunes password for all purchases" has been unchecked in both profile.When I u...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Presence

Hi All, Anyone have any experience updating Zoom Presence? (www.zoom.us) So basically, it is an always running app for Video Conference purposes. Just wondering how I can quit the app and then update it. I had a look at PID on different mac minis run...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors