Configuration profile to block macOS Sequoia pending

jmahabeer
New Contributor

We have created a configuration profile to block/Defer macOS Sequoia but it is currently pending for 500 of our machines. I know some of these machines are still in use and checking in. Currently it has completed on 1700 machines. I am trying to figure out what could be stopping it from successfully completing on these last 500 machines as I know some of them are actively being used. 

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

The first thing I would check is the network those 500 devices are on, my guess some traffic that Apple requires for MDM is being blocked/filtered/redirected. You can get the Jamf Jet tool from the Jamf Marketplace or the MacEvaluation Tool from beta.apple.com, install it on one of the device and run the tool to see what ports and hosts Apple and Jamf recommended to be opened are blocked.

Jacob-Snell
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue in our environment. About 20% of the devices this configuration profile is scoped to are still "pending." Of the 20% that are still pending, at least half of them have been online since the configuration profile was deployed. Not sure what's going on.

JevermannNG
Contributor II

How does this profile look like?

We use the 90 day deferal option for Major Updates, it works fine so far.

We use Watchdog to troubleshot MDM distribution issues:

https://addigy.com/mdm-watchdog/