Configuration Profile Weirdness!

Gerard_Allen
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm getting a lot of weird things happening with my configuration profiles. I had a lottle bit of trouble getting them up and running in the first place but, thanks to Scott, that's all sorted now!

I am trying to set up a profile to get an item to launch at login. I create new profile, configure login items, add the item and click save. Scope it as normal and it deploys to the required Macs. Then I noticed that most of them were launching the item at login. When I went back to look at the profile on the JSS, I could see that there was one payload in login items but when I clicked on it the screen was blank?!?

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

The right pane will wrap to the bottom of the page if the window isn't wide enough. Did you check there?

Gerard_Allen
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion Scott but I've tried it in two different browsers (on different Macs) and can see all of the right pane. It has the three headings (Applications, Items, Network Mounts) but nothing associated with Items :-(

One other thing I noticed. If I go to add an Application, the dropdown list appears to be empty. Connected problem?

nsdjoe
Contributor II

I'm experiencing some "configuration profile weirdness" too. I'm trying to create a configuration profile in the JSS (Casper 8.62) to manage Docks Applications and Dock Items for OS X 10.8 computers. But when I click on the "+" sign under Dock Applications, the drop-down menu is blank. How do you populate this list? I tried going into Casper Admin and adding Dock items there but that doesn't seem to populate this list. Checked various browsers too…tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.

nsdjoe
Contributor II

JAMF is aware of the Configuration Profile issues with 8.62. They don't have a fix yet... I really hope they get a fix in place with v9.0. I just posted a workaround (not a very pretty one, but one that works) to create and distribute a configuration profile for Dock items: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6024

Hope this helps until a fix comes out...
~Joe