Configuration Profiles for 10.7

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi All,
I have been testing out the Configuration Profiles for 10.7 (JSS 8.4) I swear at one point a new profile category magically appeared in the left column called "Mobility" but then it vanished.
I'm not sure what I did that triggered it's arrival or subsequent disappearance, but I need it to come back!
I am taking a look at the 8.4.3 update, nothing in the notes specific to this but may install it tomorrow, doing a backup now.

Anybody who could look here: Management>Configuration Profiles> Add Profile>Create a Configuration Profile> Do you see "Mobility" in the left Column?

Not yet able to get AD/Mobile Account Creation to work in 10.7.2 or 10.7.3 using a manual or Casper bind on an AIR...

Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Thanks to Dusty for explaining this to me!
If you're in the General Tab (Top on the left), if you switch Computer Level to User Level, the managed settings in the left column change... of course!
Seems so simple :)
NOW, if only Mobile Accounts would WORK in 10.7.2(3) that would be awesome!
Sandy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

justinS
New Contributor
New Contributor

I do not see a "Mobility" category in the left column. What kind of settings do you remember seeing in this area?

Paolo
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue here.
Profile comes up, wi-fi tries to connect to the configured network, but then it disappears.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi!
Thanks for the responses.

Paolo, to clarify, this is in the JSS where I am creating Configuration Profiles, not on a 10.7 client where I am deploying them.
My Network>WiFi Profiles do appear to be working, though only 2 networks are available to test where I am located.

Justin, I did not get the chance to open the mobility option before it disappeared, but I'm presuming it would be the ability to enable creation of mobile accounts, as you would in the Directory Utility> Advanced Options.
It seemed like its appearance was triggered by another setting I set, but have not been able to recreate that trigger....
I need to create mobile accounts, and doing that with profiles would be nice.
I have now updated to 8.4.3 with no change to this issue.
Sandy

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Thanks to Dusty for explaining this to me!
If you're in the General Tab (Top on the left), if you switch Computer Level to User Level, the managed settings in the left column change... of course!
Seems so simple :)
NOW, if only Mobile Accounts would WORK in 10.7.2(3) that would be awesome!
Sandy

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi,
I am not seeing any User Level Configuration Profiles coming down to my 10.7.3 client.

All these are checked in Settings> Computer Management Framework:

Create login and logout hooks

Log username at login and logout

Check for Policies with login and logout

System level profiles come down as expected.
JSS 8.4.3

Anyone else working on this?
Sandy

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Turn on the following security options in the JSS:
• Certificate-based communication
• Push notifications for Mac OS X 10.7 clients

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Sandy-
You ever get your mobile accounts working?

spowell01
Contributor

I'm curious as well. We have only been able to get the mobile accounts to be created at the second login, due to the profile being applied at the user level and therefore after their first login.