Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

iOS IKEv2 VPN - Machine Auth & EAP Auth Issues

I'm in the implementation/testing stage for iOS device deployment at my org, and one of the requirements is to setup a VPN profile. Our VPN is IKEv2 protocol with Machine authentication as well as EAP Authentication using username/password. The issue...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic MacOS Updates

I'm not sure why I'm struggling with this one as I"m sure it's easy but With Jamf Pro does anyone know how to enforce automatic OS updates? Mostly just want to make sure all my macs are getting security updates but I'm not seeing it anywhere.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Key Reissue on known acct.

Problem: Our mac fleet was encrypted outside of JSS. We are now moving over to managing the Filevault 2 keys in JSS. We have a standard admin account on all the macs that was used to set up the FIleVault. Would there be any foreseeable issue with usi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM / Prestage / Releasing Device

I am utilizing DEP - one catch all prestage (for now, changing that this summer) - and I manage all the supervised devices by smart groups.Full disclosure - high school setting and I deploy iPad's by grade level - at the end of the 4 year term studen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling FileVaut on 1st log in...

I have done some random testing and can't find the right Config profile keys .... anybody have FV enabled on 1st login and able to share their workflow/Config profile keys? Our current workflow is standard DEP enrollment, install apps and run config ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adopting App Store Apps

We are rolling out new laptops with Mojave 10.14, they come packaged with iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, etc. But when the user logs into the App Store with their apple id, and click the adopt apps button, it gives them an error and to try again at a lat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Report of Mail - Configured

hello Jamf Nation, hope you all are doing great. We have the following issue, we have more that 600 iPad on our campus, some how an IT user configure a lot of them through apple configurator (yes, we dont have DEP in South America Yet). by mistake a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.13 Beta 2 in now available

How to Join the Beta:If you would like to participate in the Jamf Pro beta program, please enroll at the beta homepage on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, please reference our Release Notes for a complete listing of what is included in ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

get Activation Lock Bypass Code by script / API

Hello,I have few iPad who get lock by activation lock, I would like to grab the code from command line ...I found that site https://github.com/dnikles/removeActivationLock who explain how to do ... but the Phyton part is not working when you have the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security & Privacy Payload

Hi All, I have set up in Security & Privacy and Privacy tab to not 'Allow sending diagnostic and usage data to Apple, and sharing crash data and statistics with app developers.' What I have found is that if the settings was already checked on, it onl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete computer from JSS through Self Service

I have created a policy in Self Service that will erase and reinstall Mojave. This policy is scoped to all computers with limitations LDAP Group (admins), so when we log into Self Service on the computers, the policy is available for us.However, how ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multipul "printer status" messages

Hey everyone! i'm having an odd issue that's been creeping up. We use a windows print server for our Macs because we use PaperCut. We will get multiple "printer status" messages in the queu and eventually one of them will error out causing jobs to ba...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.14.5 Not Allowed?

Hello mates, New to JAMFPro, just was wondering, I'm getting a "Your Mac is running the latest software update allowed by your administrator - macOS Mojave 10.14.4" message in Software Update, But I can't see any policies or config profiles that woul...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Self Service branded icon location

Can anyone tell me the location of the Self Service company branded icon.This is not the Jamf icon found in Applications/Self Service.app/Resources/AppIcon.icns I am after the branded icon that you upload into the Branding section of Self Service in ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prey & Camera Notification on 10.14

Updating my Install Prey policy and script to test the latest installer etc on Mojave and got prompted with this gem. We can avoid this with a config profile of course but wondering if anyone has spoken with Prey to somehow get this configured as par...  View more

fa2a2fea435646628b6ed320bee57d2f
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

While running script:

Dear all. I have created this script, in order to prompt user for his password and use this to add three internet passwords to his/her login keychain: #!/bin/sh ## postinstall pathToScript=$0 pathToPackage=$1 targetLocation=$2 targetVolume=$3 # Your ...  View more

05f1302fdbcd47c8897feb55326a6839
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Username with "-" minus or "_" underscore

Hello, we are more or less new to Jamf Pro and rollout our first managed Macs in a friedly user phase. Main Problem:AD usernames with - or _ in it like "muller-riha.marc" will not work. It is shaking like the password is wrong. Does anybody know anyt...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging license for FileMaker 18?

FileMaker provides a build script and assisted install file to make a JAMF ready installer. I have successfully packaged previous versions which included a license key in the assisted install answer file. 18 now uses a certificate file to activate, a...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver Xcode Project to share?

Hi All,Since .qtz screensavers no longer work in Mojave, does anybody have a screensaver Xcode project already created where we could just drop assets in (video file and/or still pics)? I'd love to not have to reinvent the wheel if possible! thank yo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Using Apple Caching Server with multiple VLANs

Is there a way to configure Apple Caching Servers to work with multiple interfaces or VLANs? For example, we have a Data VLAN and a Guest VLAN. The data network is used for all internal connections. The guest network is just as it sounds and would be...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacing non-App Store apps with VPP version

I'm looking to replace a non-app store installed version of Slack with a version I've set up through the App Store and VPP. The VPP version is already published in Self Service, and is set to Auto-Update but that wouldn't affect any users that had do...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors