Configuration with Apple TVs

aaron_kelley
Contributor

So I have a question regarding using Apple configuration to setup numerous Apple TVs.
We have the Apple TVs fairly locked down in regards to the menu setup, content restrictions, and a name scheme as well. I'm not fully understanding the whole configuration profiles with the Apple TVs. Can I create a profile with all of those restricts for the ATV? I'm not understanding what creating the profile for the ATV is doing. And is there any way to backup the settings?
Basically, I want to copy the settings from 1 Apple TV and deploy it to the others, even if I have to plug in each one to my MacBook. Apple is very vague regarding this, and it's as if Configurator teases features that don't seem available.

1 REPLY 1

plawrence
Contributor II

I am not aware of a way to copy the restrictions settings from one Apple TV to another. Currently the only purpose for Configuration Profiles for Apple TVs appears to be to put in Certificates and configure Wifi settings. If you are not planning on using any of the media features of an Apple TV (i.e. you just want it to be an AirPlay destination) then I'd recommend enabling Conference Room Display and hiding the Apple TV remote (you can pair the remote you hide to prevent users from using their own remote too). That way users will see a sanitised display and wont be able to access the other features.