Configuring Zoom for IT setting plist (keeps opening safari from app)

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Hey all,

I've been seeing an issue where my Zoom for IT client opens the sso page in Safari when zoom is first opened on a new users device.  My plist for zoom settings seems to be set correctly to use the embedded browser in the client but it continues to open a browser window when trying to login to SSO in zoom.  This only started a few months ago from what I can tell, or perhaps it is only since we started updating to 11.4.  

I've since tried edited all the setting in the plist, however it still keeps opening a web browser when the user attempts to  first login to SSO.

Anyone else seeing this or have a work around?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Zoom has told me this will be resolved in an update 5.7.6 on or around Aug. 16th.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I must say, Zoom support is pretty great.  They got right back to me and are working with my plist to see what the cause might be.  Ill update this post when we figure it out.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Just got a reply back from Zoom on this:

"It seems there is a conflict between the "EnableEmbedBrowserForSSO" and "ForceSSOURL". They seem to be triggering at the same time, causing the system browser to open automatically. I noticed when viewing the desktop client (before I allowed the browser to redirect back to the client) that the desktop client will continue towards opening the embedded browser as expected.  

I have a case opened with engineering to see if the issue lies with Big Sur or recent desktop versions, so we know how to move forward with a fix. The issue does not seem to be present on Windows, hopefully this helps us narrow down the cause and provide a quick resolution."

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Zoom has told me this will be resolved in an update 5.7.6 on or around Aug. 16th.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Did this ever get resolved by a zoom update for you? I'm running into it currently on the latest Zoom 5.9.1 (3506)