Corel kext Team ID for Painter 2019 install?

srogowski
New Contributor II

Does anyone know the team id for Corel? I need to add it to my config profile so I don't have to approve the install in system preferences but I'm not having any luck finding it.

I get an error saying it can't open the db when I run /var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/KextPolicy, I get a no kext consent configuration found when I run spctl kext-consent list when booted in recovery (which is weird in itself as I do have approved software installed). I get an error that the code object is not signed when I run codesign -dv --verbose=4 /PATH/TO/NAMEOFBUNDLE.app. I opened a ticket with Corel but I don't have much hope that they'll help me & I'm out of ideas.

Anyone use it & just know what it is know it?

3 REPLIES 3

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

@srogowski On a machine with this installed, run it with sudo

sudo sqlite3 /var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/KextPolicy

& then

SELECT * FROM kext_policy;

& then terminal should produce something like

EQHXZ8M8AV|com.google.dfsfuse.filesystems.dfsfuse|1|Google, Inc.|8

EQHXZ8M8AV being TeamID

d573c64ccfee46a2af48fceee5e4017b

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

srogowski
New Contributor II

Thanks for looking but none of that works on my 10.14.5 machines. I went back to a 10.13.6 machine & was able to get it. For anyone looking it's ZF6ZZ779N5. I added it to the kext database floating around out there.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

On macOS 10.14, you will get the error

Error: unable to open database "/var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/KextPolicy": unable to open database file

If you run the sqlite command without sudo. You want to run the command like this:

sudo sqlite3 /var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/KextPolicy

and enter your password, if you are an admin user.