Could not create MDMResponseAction, returning 500

GB1
New Contributor

Our Jamf server is no longer getting any inventory updates from our iPads and we can no longer push apps whch all started on 6/3/22.  the Jamf Pro Server Logs shows this error - 2022-06-03 23:54:17,389 [ERROR] [lina-exec-8] [dmControllerProcessorImpl] - Could not create MDMResponseAction, returning 500

Any idea what would cause this?

6 REPLIES 6

k3vmo
Contributor II

I'm experiencing this as well with a new ADCS installation.  I've verified connectivity to the ADCS with postman and my profile remains in 'pending'

Could not create MDMResponseAction, returning 500

JasonFrank2010
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue.  I am on JAMF Pro on-prem 10.46.1-t1683911857
Followed this issue back to our ECA server and found the JAMF Template was corrupt, and disappeared altogether.

We have a case open with MS, and JAMF.

If We find anything out, I will post my fix here.  Has anyone else found success?

k3vmo
Contributor II

@JasonFrank2010  Is your Jamf server and CA in the same domain?  My connector is in a shared domain between the two main companies.  My issue had to do with a trust issue between the shared domain and the domain of the CA.

You know. Both computers are in the same domain, but the client is if the higher domain in naming. I may have to adjust the ad cs proxy server to match.

--
Respectfully,
Jason Frank
Applications System Administrator II

www.avinc.com<>

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This electronic message transmission contains information from AeroVironment, Inc. and is confidential and/or proprietary. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please send a reply notification
and/or notify us by telephone (805.520.8350) immediately and delete this message from your computer.

k3vmo
Contributor II

@JasonFrank2010   Keep me posted on what you find, please.  I'd love to know if that's the common theme in each environment

JasonFrank2010
New Contributor II

We've completely rebuilt the ADCS Connector and Certificate Authority in JAMF Pro, rebuilt the computer management profile, and no love.  

I think the relation between the Jamf Pro server and the AD CS connector is where the issue is... I am not sure if another Trusted cert is needed on the JAMF server / AD CS Connector Server, but I'll see what is there and verify.

more to come hopefully