Country Listing in Setup Process

kristinlynch
New Contributor II

Hello:

I just noticed recently that when I set up a new iPad, 'United States' no longer shows up first in the country list after I choose 'English' as the language.

This used to work, although sometimes it would take a moment or two from choosing English before it would appear at the top.

Does anyone know what controls this? I suspect it might have something to do with our access points because those were changed around the same time.

When I set up an iPad from home, English and the United States still shows up first.

I realize this isn't really an enrollment question, but I wasn't sure what other tag would be appropriate.

Just curious...thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Chris
Valued Contributor

I believe setup assistant uses the WiFi's country code to determine the regional settings.
You can check your WiFi's country code by alt-clicking the WiFi symbol in the menubar.

kristinlynch
New Contributor II

I just revisited this issue and realized I already posted the question. I checked my WiFi country code and see that it is set to US and confirmed that it always has been set this way. Would this be the issue anyway since I choose English (and would choose United States as the country) before I select from my available WiFi networks?

kristinlynch
New Contributor II

OK, this is really odd. When I checked my WiFi country code, I noticed that it was set to US, and I confirmed that it had always been set to US. When I looked up the country code, I vaguely remember sort of clicking on it on my Mac. That shouldn't have done ANYTHING, however, I've set up three iPads since then and all three are now displaying US as soon as I choose English.

This doesn't make any sense to me but it's working correctly now.