CrashPlan Pro e install

ifbell
Contributor

Okay here is my issue, I am trying to put the new DMG installer for CrashPlan Pro e into Self Service for client installation. The issue we are running into is the new installer is a two part one being the flat package and any customization residing in a .Custom folder. You cannot separate the .pkg out because then you loose your configuration files in the .Custom. So how do I take this .DMG and make it function as if it were a regular user clicking through, or how do I take the components I need and put them together in the right way that Self Service can install Pro e correctly with customizations?

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_behan
Contributor III

JAMF has an article on this, but I'll let you know where I hit a snag with it.

http://www.jamfsoftware.com/libraries/pdf/white_papers/Administering-CrashPlan-PROe-with-the-Casper-Suite.pdf

At the bottom of Page 8, the cp command used in Step 2 copies the contents of the .Custom folder but not the folder itself. What I did was simply copy the entire contents of CrashPlanPROe "cp -r /Volumes/CrashPlanPROe/ /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan" then I deleted everything but the .Custom folder.

There's probably a flag I'm missing in the cp command, but that's how I got it to work. Everything else in the article is cool. Also if you're upgrading from CrashPlan PRO 2.8, the contents of your original userInfo.sh file should still work.

-Dan

Sonic84
Contributor III

an issue I bumped into with v3.3 was the menu item was not loading after Crashplan was deployed via Self Service. This "run unix command" in the policy fixed that:

sleep 45; open "/Applications/CrashPlan.app/Contents/Resources/CrashPlan menu bar.app"

sbrage
New Contributor
JAMF has an article on this, but I'll let you know where I hit a snag with it. http://www.jamfsoftware.com/libraries/pdf/white_papers/Administering-CrashPlan-PROe-with-the-Casper-Suite.pdf At the bottom of Page 8, the cp command used in Step 2 copies the contents of the .Custom folder but not the folder itself. What I did was simply copy the entire contents of CrashPlanPROe "cp -r /Volumes/CrashPlanPROe/ /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan" then I deleted everything but the .Custom folder. There's probably a flag I'm missing in the cp command, but that's how I got it to work. Everything else in the article is cool. Also if you're upgrading from CrashPlan PRO 2.8, the contents of your original userInfo.sh file should still work. -Dan

This fixed my issues getting the custom settings to be applied with the install!