Create User Login Delay For Login Hook Policies

AHSitguy
New Contributor III

I'm trying to find a way to delay a user's desktop from being loaded until certain jamf login policies have finished processing. Does anyone know how to do this? One example is I have a login policy to clear the login keychain to clear out cached Adobe program login data. However, in my current state, that policy doesn't always happen immediately and then the user goes to open Adobe and someone else is still logged into it because my policy didn't get a chance to apply yet. I wish Apple didn't eliminate the log out hooks because it worked perfectly back then. 😞

2 REPLIES 2

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

You may want to rethink the bigger workflow. Maybe your keychain clearing script could have some logic in it that checks for running Adobe apps and then, if needed, prompts the user (AppleScript or jamfHelper) to close Adobe apps so that a change can be made.

AHSitguy
New Contributor III

Adobe isn't the only program that has it's login cleared. There are also others. I have a policy that deploys a blank login keychain file to the ~/Library/Keychains folder. The problem is that the policy, when triggered at login, doesn't always initiate right away. Since the desktop isn't delayed until all the login policies are finished, due to Apple making login hooks run in the background instead of the foreground, my users start using the applications and they are noticing that other users are logged into those programs (because the keychain policy hasn't finished running yet). Is there any other way to accomplish this?