Device Enrollment random pop ups on enrolled macs

akamenev47
Contributor II

3939a14d7aaa4ae09d33da4b86c30ebf
Hey jamf nation,

I have tried searching on this, but could not really find much. We use DEP, which sometimes work and sometimes doesn't, something we have accepted, however even when it works fine we often reports on these annoying Device Enrollment pop ups, even though the machine is enrolled and the only way to get rid of it is to boot mac into recovery partition, disable csrutil, remove the 2 files
1) /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.ManagedClientAgent.enrollagent.plist
2) /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.ManagedClient.enroll.plist
and turn csrutil back on.

Does anybody else has this issue and possibly have some sort of a solution for this? As with DEP being useful on speeding up the imaging process - this becomes more work when it acts up with these pop ups...

Ahoy!
6 REPLIES 6

JasonAtCSUMB
Contributor

I remember seeing this when I first set up DEP, so you aren't going crazy. I didn't really look into it, but I am curious what caused it.

isThisThing0n
Contributor

Check the machines enrollment status with:
sudo profiles status -type enrollment

It was probably not enrolled correctly with DEP during setup assistant.

You will only see this DEP nag if you are admin.

Suppressing it is not possible you just have to make sure DEP enrollment completes successfully.

isThisThing0n
Contributor

And you can force this nag with:

sudo profiles renew -type enrollment

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@shurkin18 If the steps that @oliverr provided do not work, you might want to vote up this Feature Request and check in with Jamf regarding fixing the bug (the Product issue number is in that feature request for reference):
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/8525/when-device-certificates-signed-apple-iphone-...

rp01885
New Contributor

Does anyone found a solution ? I have like 15 Mac in this case, I just wrote a ticket to the JAMF support

virtasupport
New Contributor II

User clicked on pop-up, New popup appeared and Allow was selected.