Creating an OS Package for 10.9 MBP Retina

chutiya
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a OS Package from a 10.9.1 MBP Retina 13" - Composer creates the .dmg fine. However I try to upload it into Casper Admin, and edit info I get stuck. When ticking the box "item is a dmg with an OS X Installer . . . . . " and clicking "yes" I get the following error "the dmg does not have a valid os x installer . . . "

We've tried using Casper Suite 8.73 and 9.21 for this. (Composer and Admin).

Please help.

thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

nessts
Valued Contributor II

if you have used Composer to image a live computer, that is not an OSX installer. What qualifies as an OSX installer is the Install OS X.app thing when you download from the App store. A DMG of an OS is just another package, set its priority to 1 and add it to your configuration.
Hope that helps.

chutiya
New Contributor

thanks Nessts.

I'm giving it a go now - so far I have an infinite "Installing Package" with the blue/white bar when I'm testing. Will give it some time.

chutiya
New Contributor

double post

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

chutiya, I would extract the ESD.dmg using the standard method. The ESD is recognized by AutoDMG(InstaDMG). I would use that and make a nice clean ASR restore. Copy that to the JSS and set it as 1 before reboot installs. Erase the drive with DU first. You should get a nice clean never booted OS with the RP in place. I've used this method with slightly different tools for over three years.

chutiya
New Contributor

jhbush - sorry just saw your post. Thanks for replying.