Crowdstike Falcon ventura

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Has anyone come across Crowdstrike Falcon failing to install on macOS Ventura? I have downloaded v6.44 from the Crowdstrike console and when trying to install it manually on my systems it fails.. It also fails on v.645.

Thanks

Rob

6 REPLIES 6

Tonydig11
New Contributor III

6.44 is working for us. Just did a rebuild and it installed without issue. It even auto updates to 6.45 within a few minutes. 

6C89D41F-8A50-464E-997F-0709DE7EDD88.jpeg

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

We haven't see any issues with installs and we were installing CS with all the Ventura betas

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

@Tonydig11 -  you did a rebuild? are you not just taking the PKG and uploading to JAMF -> deploying ..

Thanks
Rob

Tonydig11
New Contributor III

That is how I do it for existing machines. We only have a hand full of testers on Ventura. I happened to be testing the build/enrollment process on Mac OS Ventura that uses DEPNotify to deploy Crowdstrike along with other apps today so paid attention to Crowdstrike because I saw your post.

jsnyder
New Contributor II

I haven't tried installing 6.44 on Ventura because the release notes say 6.45 officially supports Ventura. However, I did confirm that if already on Ventura 6.44 will upgrade to 6.45 successfully.

Later on I wiped my macbook after upgrading to 13.0 and did a jamf prestage enrollment. I confirmed that CS 6.45 was installed successfully.

scottb
Honored Contributor

I have an M1 MBP that just updated to 6.45 a couple days ago, so it all seems OK so far.  That said, this Mac was UPGRADED to Ventura, so maybe it's a difference in updating once in Jamf vs before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯