Crowdstrike 6.15 Deployment Scripts

Switchfly_IT
New Contributor III

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with their policy scripts for deploying Crowdstrike 6.15? Crowdstrike haven't updated their documentation well for this version. I am confident the config is looking good and have pushed it prior to testing the policy.

CS support basically told me the three scripts for the older version (uninstall old version, install new and register sensor) can be used but you need to modify the file paths. I've tried that, sending the uninstaller to the old Library location and setting the install to the Apps folder, etc.

Anyone have scripts they've used successfully for this deployment?

2 REPLIES 2

patgmac
Contributor III

Are you going from 5.x to 6.x? It changed quite a bit between those versions. But 6.15 should be no different than other 6.x's.

If you're trying to uninstall an older version first, you're going to have a hard time if tamper protection is enabled (very common). Updates should be handled by the CS console.

The install is as simple as installing their package, then running:

/Applications/Falcon.app/Contents/Resources/falconctl license $CCID

Switchfly_IT
New Contributor III

I'm intending to deploy 6.16 and most of the machines we have are either on 6.14 or 6.15 and Catalina OS. My plan was to create a Smart Group of Big Sur or later to do deploy to. Plan was to push the config profile first then the policy. I'm very green when it comes to Jamf so steep learning curve for me. I've even tried a manual registration on the test machine and it's not working. I'll have to see if tamper protection is enabled, thanks for alerting me to that.