custom queries using just mysql

rockpapergoat
Contributor III

Is anyone using just mysql to pull data from the jss?

I'm trying to get a handle on mysql join syntax to grab details like "all computer names with these supported apps (list) and not in these departments (list)." So far, I'm spending more time learning join usage than anything else.

Also, where in the db (if anywhere) does the real name/username info live — is this pulled straight from a directory if clients are bound to one?

So far, the gui custom search builder gets me close to what I want but feels clunker than it should.

Thanks for any tips.

3 REPLIES 3

mqh7
New Contributor II

You wrote: Also, where in the db (if anywhere) does the real name/username info live — is this pulled straight from a directory if clients are bound to one?

I am trying to find this too. Where in in the JAMFSOFTWARE DB do you find the "User Name", "Real Name" and "Email"? It shows up when we view the JSS web portal inventory but I can't find it in the DB.

mqh7
New Contributor II

Let me also add that in the DB there is a TABLE called USERS. If you view the COLUMNS in this TABLE you see "username", "realname", "email" but when I return the top 100 rows from this COLUMN it only returns the user information defined in the JSS web portal of those users who can administer the JSS web portal. It does not show any users pulled from LDAP.

mqh7
New Contributor II

JAMF told me they are here: TABLESLOCATIONS and I did a SELECT * FROM Locations and found my username information.