Custom Trigger Log

CCNapier
Contributor

I have a policy set for custom trigger, which installs a large package - It can take an hour to install.
The logs within the policy show nothing whilst the install is running - just "pending". I assume it will only return the success/fail and all steps in-between once it has finished processing.

Are there client side logs that show the progress so I can check that something is happening?
Self service show all steps (i.e. mounting share, copying package, installing, etc), but I can't see this within the jamf.log when a custom trigger sets off the installation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thoule
Valued Contributor II

I watch /var/log/install.log to see what's going on. Also, 'sudo fs_usage' will allow you to see what the hard drive is up to in a faster than you can read format. 'sudo iotop' will give you a 'most active' style list of what the hard drive is up to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

thoule
Valued Contributor II

I watch /var/log/install.log to see what's going on. Also, 'sudo fs_usage' will allow you to see what the hard drive is up to in a faster than you can read format. 'sudo iotop' will give you a 'most active' style list of what the hard drive is up to.

CCNapier
Contributor

@thoule thanks, that's useful.