Custom triggers for configuration profiles

RickDalton
New Contributor III

I have a wifi config profile that needs to be installed after the Mac binds with the AD. Currently, my users have to install it via self-service but I would like it to install automatically during the deployment automation. In order to connect to our WiFi, the Mac has to be bound with the AD first prior to being able to install the wifi profile. I need to automate when it runs because if it installs the network payload automatically if will fail due to it not being bound with AD yet.

Is there a way to call a configuration profile with a custom trigger or script like you can do with policies?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bumbletech
Contributor III

Are you binding computers to the domain with a policy? If so, add an inventory update to that policy. Create a smart group with the criteria of Active Directory Status = (your domain). Scope the configuration profile to that smart group.

With that set, once a reports that it's bound to the domain to the JSS, it goes into that group and gets the profile.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aguiness
New Contributor III

Hi
You could install the certs using a profile that would enable you to join the apply the WiFi at any time

bumbletech
Contributor III

Are you binding computers to the domain with a policy? If so, add an inventory update to that policy. Create a smart group with the criteria of Active Directory Status = (your domain). Scope the configuration profile to that smart group.

With that set, once a reports that it's bound to the domain to the JSS, it goes into that group and gets the profile.