Cylance icon now grey

s_oconnor
New Contributor III

Does anyone use Cylance? (AV)

We have been using it for around 9 months. As of the last few (ish) weeks, numerous users have noticed the icon went from green to grey. They also keep getting the "X" over the icon. When they click on it to "update" they get the message that it needs to register. I have them enter the key. From there it stays grey but the "X" is gone.

Not sure why all the sudden it is loosing it's registration. It drops on newly imaged machines fine, at some point it stops being registered. It's driving me nuts. O.o

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Grey or Black? The newer versions of Cylance use a black icon. As for losing registration, do you have some sort of old Cylance update process running from the JSS? I've seen this happen when someone was testing deployments and had a non-serialized policy running over their production one.

s_oconnor
New Contributor III

Hey @Chris_Hafner thanks for the response.

I know on windows cylance still shows green, however on mac, I guess you could say it is black, to me it seems more grey.

It's an old installer that we use, however the key is still the same. Since Cylance auto updates, we never have to push updates to it.

Machines that have had Cylance on since Nov, or semi recent, are the ones popping up asking for the registration token. It seems like this happened when ever Cylance pushed their newest updates.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Interesting. I cannot say that I'm seeing the same thing but I'll review further. As for a test, you can create a test or "pilot" group to see if you can replicate this behavior. Deploy an older installer version of cylance and set that pilot group to run the update and see what happens. Something must be wiping out the license record in the Cylance app itself.

macgecko2
New Contributor

Any chance this might have to with with proxy configuration? I believe that Cylance has the ability to have this added by script during installation.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Wow, this has been a bit and I'm kind of a bum for not jumping back in here. I have seen a previous Cylance update that killed its own registration. I'd have to go back and see which version, but it was specific to a single update in my environment. Forcing a reisntall (quick fix I know) resolved the issue and future updates seem to have gone swimmingly. Which versions are you dealing with?