Datadog Agent and JAMF Pro

rdeleon
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I have a two-part question... Has anyone ever installed the Datadog agent into JamfPro so it can be accessed through SelfService? And do I need to get a script from Datadog to get it configured so it can be installed on the Mac using SelfService?

I'm planning to get the free trial of Datadog, but I want to see if this can be done since the trial is only for 14 days. I want to be able to show my management that Datadog works and can be available for all of our users using SelfService.

Thanks for any feedback :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ajpinton1
New Contributor II

Looks like they provide everything you need to install the client. You can just CURL the installer and run it from CLI which would not need a package to be deployed by Jamf, you can do this with a Files and Processes payload. You can also download the dmg and run it with a script.

With jamf, if you can script it, you can probably do it, though your milage will vary on how involved the vendor wants to get in assisting you to write scripts. It never hurts to ask, and they may have scripts and Jamf documentation ready and waiting. You will most likely also need configuration profiles for this client to work right.

Install Datadog Agent 5 (datadoghq.com)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ajpinton1
New Contributor II

Looks like they provide everything you need to install the client. You can just CURL the installer and run it from CLI which would not need a package to be deployed by Jamf, you can do this with a Files and Processes payload. You can also download the dmg and run it with a script.

With jamf, if you can script it, you can probably do it, though your milage will vary on how involved the vendor wants to get in assisting you to write scripts. It never hurts to ask, and they may have scripts and Jamf documentation ready and waiting. You will most likely also need configuration profiles for this client to work right.

Install Datadog Agent 5 (datadoghq.com)