Delete users and managed Apple IDs in Apple School Manager

chzar
New Contributor III

Just got into the Apple School Manager preview, but after making a few test accounts to test out shared iPads, I cannot find any way to delete users. I have searched the whole UI and the help page and cannot find anything explicit. I am tearing my hair out over this. Surely, this must be possible!

6 REPLIES 6

jrwilcox
Contributor

Our Apple rep says there is not currently any way to delete users. All you can do is make them inactive.

strider_knh
Contributor II

Hopefully you didn't use a PersonID or StudentID for testing that you may actually want to use in the future.

Kbrooks
New Contributor

According to what I was told by Apple is that the ID's are marked inactive and at some point (unknown time frame yet) will be deleted. The accounts are created that way since students will be able to convert them to their own id's when they graduate. Once they are inactive you can reuse the appleID as well.

chzar
New Contributor III

Thank you for the responses.

hsekiv
Contributor

2d71eb7b28f6484db2ba77646dd11808

I've just noticed this message for a deactivated account, looks like deletion is going to happen, just not straight away

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I have a calendar reminder set to import an identical user after the first is deleted. I have a suspicion that the Managed Apple ID will still be out there not deleted and that the new one will be like username-1@domain.org.

[edit] actually I can't do that! I won't be able to add test data to a live export! Let's just hope the unused MIDs are recovered..