Dell driver with multiple installers?

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

I was following this link https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6885 to dump the installer to /pvt/tmp and run install -pkg <name> -tgt /...

this has worked pretty well, however now with this MFP driver I got, it's got 3 separate installers in different folders...
I tried just doing a seperate install -pkg for each installer, but that failed out... what's the best way to do something like this?

#!/bin/sh
installer -pkg /private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_Printer/Printer Driver Installer.app -tgt /
installer -pkg /private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_Twain/ScanThru Installer.app -tgt /
installer -pkg /private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_ICDM/ICA Driver Installer.app /tgt /

i downloaded the driver from here http://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/dell-2335dn.html Frontier R 2.07 CD Release
To enhance and fix issues for Dell 2335dn Mac Driver -2335dn Slow Printing when collating on Mac OS X Recommended 2.07 8/6/2012 Mac OS
Macintosh

2 REPLIES 2

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

This should still work. If this is the exact code that you are executing, then it looks like the problem is with the spaces in the file names and the /tgt in the last one.

The fix is to either escape the spaces or enclose the entire path in quotes. Both of these should work:```

!/bin/sh

installer -pkg /private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_Printer/Printer Driver Installer.app -tgt /
installer -pkg /private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_Twain/ScanThru Installer.app -tgt /
installer -pkg /private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_ICDM/ICA Driver Installer.app -tgt /

```
#!/bin/sh
installer -pkg "/private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_Printer/Printer Driver Installer.app" -tgt /
installer -pkg "/private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_Twain/ScanThru Installer.app" -tgt /
installer -pkg "/private/tmp/Frontier-R/MAC_Installer/MAC_ICDM/ICA Driver Installer.app" -tgt /

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

still fails :(