Dell Threat Defense... SHOCKING GOODBYE!!

kerouak
Valued Contributor

So, the above STILL don't ave a client for Catalina..
What a bunch of C%$p!!

Just an FYI in case anyone was thinking of using this...

We now going with ESET... Who DO in fact, have a 10.15 client..

rubbish!

9 REPLIES 9

jameson
Contributor II

?? - what is this about?? Dell ?

ajfunk
Contributor

@kerouak - have you reached out to Dell about this? Seems like an awfully big mis-step to not support the latest OS. I don't see any mention of Catalina compatibility issues on their system requirements page: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln301914/dell-threat-defense-system-requirements?lang=en

Something funny I noticed: when I Googled "Dell Threat Defense Catalina", the above link was the top result, however, there was a snippet below the link that states DTD isn't compatible with Catalina. When you go to the actual page, that sippet is nowhere in sight.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

There is no client! We have checked with them a number of times..

kerouak
Valued Contributor

a08f1540e16643189d32d30556bab6c9

Melmoes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@kerouak If you're thinking of changing. Take a look at sophos endpoint protection.
Eset has some issues with macOS in my experience.

ajfunk
Contributor

@Melmoes - does your org use Sophos? If so, is it hosted on-prem or cloud? My org uses Sophos on all of our computers and it's utter trash. Management hardly works, machines grind to a halt during scans, machines lose policies when off-site, and random kernel panics occur even after confirming the right kexts are in place.

sirsir
Contributor

Stay away from Sophos if you can, nothing but bad luck with them.

ajfunk
Contributor

@SirSir - i've had the worst experience with their device control policy. My org has producers out in the field, going from client site to client site taking video and storing it onto external drives. Sophos will randomly re-enable device control for no good reason, resulting in the producer losing access to everything they've shot and saved.

I've resorted to giving them the bypass password so they re-enable it themselves. Ridiculous.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I've had luck with Cylance... just adding here.