DEP enrollment after changing JSS url

maristchris
New Contributor III

Hi,

I just went through the process of adding a JSS in the DMZ and changing the JSS URL. Will this affect my DEP setup at all? The reason I ask is because I have a message "Unable to contact https://mdmenrollment.apple.com to get the list of devices" showing up in my JSS.

I do not know if the error existed before the changes to the JSS.

I just logged in and accepted the Sierra and ios 10 terms of use but the error remains.

Thanks in advance...Chris

3 REPLIES 3

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@maristchris My assumption is that you will need to redo your DEP token by downloading a new public key from the JSS DEP section and then in the DEP portal replacing the public key then generating a new token that you would upload into the JSS by editing your current DEP entry and uploading the new token.

01b2c2aeddf94e69b6191672c3cfdb38
9c27bd79147b44f89d939170f2b70e68
f9a616163d78428b9a1d09fe034fdcec

maristchris
New Contributor III

I haven't done anything yet, and the error no longer existed when I logged in the morning. Does that mean that all is well, or do I need to do the above steps?

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Well I think you still will have to. The original public key you used to set up your mdm in the DEP portal with apple had the old URL to look for your Casper server embedded in it. Unless you update I think it's going to be sending clients to your old URL.