DEP enrollment with past orders

natesimons
New Contributor III

I just started assigning devices to my Apple DEP. I downloaded the gigantic .CSV file but it contained things from over the years like iPods, Apple TV's, MacBooks, iMacs, iPads. Right now we are only concerned with managing iPads. My question is can I just add EVERYTHING in the .csv file (laptops, desktops, etc) to the DEP but only choose to manage the iPads in Casper?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Yep - that's what we did. You'll see all of your iOS devices in Casper, but you can choose which devices you want by selectively adding them to your prestage enrollment.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Yep - that's what we did. You'll see all of your iOS devices in Casper, but you can choose which devices you want by selectively adding them to your prestage enrollment.

natesimons
New Contributor III

Thanks for the help!

mojo21221
Contributor II

An FYi... If you notice some devices not being input into the DEP site or getting an error message. Apple has informed me only devices purchased from Apple can be put into the DEP program. So iPhones or iPads purchased @ Verizon or Att will not enroll at this time. However, If anyone has a work around I am all ears.

brushj
New Contributor III

I spoke with our Apple Engineer a while back about the issue of devices not bought through Apple being added. Pretty much told me you have to use configurator for now but that is something they are going to be working on for the "future"

clifhirtle
Contributor II

As well, anything leased through a 3rd party company AFAIK. We use CSI, which classified our Macs as outside the scope of DEP management.

natesimons
New Contributor III

We make all of our Apple device purchases through Apple so I'm not having to deal with any issues like 3rd party vendors.