Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Clear out pending push notifications

I had a few push notifications from Profiles that were removed, but they just never seemed to go away. This is a way to get rid of them: Open a shell prompt sudo mysql Once at the prompt, type: use jamfsoftware Then type the command: delete from mobi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting with Perl

Greetings, At JUNC I talked to several other people also interested in perl scripting in the managed client space. In fact, enough so that I agreed to make this post and see if, indeed there was enough interest in that as to fuel one or various thing...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion Breaks Login Script

Hi all, We are running into a show stopping bug and wondering if anyone has any input on why this would occur. We have a startup script that runs at login based on user group that essentially maps the users documents and desktop to an smb share on th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't upload icons for mobile webclips

I am trying to upload icons that I made for a few of my mobile webclips. I have tried both .jpeg and .png files and get a Unable to load image. Null error. I have also got a -4 instead of the null a few times. Is there something I am doing wrong when...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java (Final Cut Server) Runtime Error

I am getting a "To open “Final Cut Server,” you need to download the Java Runtime Environment for Web Start applications" error although Java 6 and 7 have already been installed and the app launches and runs fine as a local administrator. (but not as...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies for wireless clients

Hi all, How do you handle policies that execute on mobile laptop carts? I'm hesitant to treat them the same way as lab/desktop machines (i.e. deploying software updates via policy, etc) because 1) they're on a slower wireless connection and 2) we nev...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group Question

Trying to create three separate Smart Groups that gathers all 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x Macs. It usually returns zero members. The JSS is very specific listing 10.6.3, or 10.7.2, 10.7.3, etc. I just want to know all the 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x. regardles...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

1:1 iPad questions from Admins

We have currently deployed around 5k iPads, and our district is considering going completely one student one iPad. That would put us somewhere around 13k iOS devices for students alone. My administrators have asked me if I could reach out to other di...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query for Web Help Desk

I'm building a query for a view to work with Web Help Desk. The one they give you here: http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/4199/Importing+mobile+devices+using+JAMF+Casper sucks! So I wanted to start from scratch. The only thing is I can...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passcode access on iPads

Is there a way to lock access to the passcodes on an ipad? We do not want students to see any options in passcode. Students are setting passcodes or are being locked out trying to enter passcodes. I do not see this option in configuration profiles.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Password Change Process

I'm in the process of creating a script that will notify users when their Active Directory password is 10 days away from expiring, and then remind them to change it every day until it expires. Right now I'm struggling with finding a programmatic meth...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applying Desktop Background To Users

Hi, I'm new to the JSS and seeking some advice/help. I am trying to deploy a desktop background to all users.What i've done so far is deploy the image to the /Library/Desktop Pictures folder on all clients, but now i want to set the background and ha...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding users to FileVault 2 (10.8) via a script

I didn't see a script posted for this anywhere so I hope this helps you has much as it has helped us. You need to define 4 parameters (variables): #4 - Any admin user on the system, #5 - The password for that admin user, #6 - The user that you want t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

netboot/SUS Appliance VM requirements

Hi, The documentation says the minimum system requirements are:?? 100 GB of disk space available?? 1 GB of RAM?? Virtualization software installed that supports Open Virtualization Format I need to load around 20-25 machines at the same time. Does an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Xserve AFP Performance

I've got an Xserve3,1 running 10.6.8 server, that hosts home directories for some of our students and it seems that whenever AFP connections approaches 280 or higher, performance drops dramatically. Student's can't log in, or students that are logged...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Binary - Configuration Profiles

I noticed in the startupScript.sh /Library/Application Support/JAMF/ManagementFrameworkScripts/ StartupScript.sh/usr/sbin/jamf mcx/usr/sbin/jamf policy Then I took a look at what options are available under jamf binary and there are many, but in part...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Sign On Mountain Lion

Hi guys ive followed this and it works https://wikispaces.psu.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=111411809&navigatingVersions=true Only problem is that i open a system preference pad lock authentication as the localadmin account i can see in the Ticket...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Append Location & Department with QuickAdd ?

Hello, I am going to be adding approximately 400 machines to our inventory using the QuickAdd package and wondered if there is way to populate the Location and Department fields using the package, rather than entering them by hand after the package h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Startup Disk" list with command line

Hi all,I know this isn't a Casper question but I thought someone out there has the answer for it and can be good one to determine NetBoot availability.I am trying to extract the "Startup Disk" preferences pane item list. Any idea where this info come...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Volume license Microsoft office deployment

My company is not large enough for the volume license to be at all worth it.Has anyone come up with a creative way to use Casper to make this a less painful process? Is there a way to use one file for deployment as long as we purchase the right amoun...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Advanced logging for wi-fi

Just found this gem of info, hopefully someone else will find it useful. http://prowiki.isc.upenn.edu/wiki/Enabling_Advanced_Logging_for_Wireless_in_Mac_OS_X Duplicated (and cleaned up a bit) here in case the source goes away: Airport and/or Wi-Fi Lo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors