DEP is not working on mac

kay-_-
New Contributor III

Hi all,
We newly set up Apple School Manager and connected it to Jamf Pro (We have two on-premise Jamf instances running behind a load balancer). Our newly purchased devices are showing up on ASM/ABM and are automatically assigned to our Jamf MDM.
On Jamf we set up a prestage enrollment and assigned it to those devices, after a few minutes the devices showed up as "Assigned", however when turning on the mac, it doesn't seem to recognize that it is managed by an MDM, the Remote Management screen doesn't show up at all, and the setup assistant continue as if it was a normal mac setup.

The network is working fine so is the ethernet adapter (we use Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter) however, I noticed that all the new devices are in the PST time zone and there's no way to change it (we're in CET)
The only workaround is for me to get my iPad out and use Apple Configurator2 to manually re-add the device to ASM/ABM.

is anyone else is facing a similar problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phantom5
Contributor II

Hi, try restoring the Mac. The Apple Setup Assistant keeps a cache of the panels you have visited. So if for any reason you went through a couple of panels and then decided to go back by hitting the back button or restarting the Mac, no matter you start at the beginning, it will remember the settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Phantom5
Contributor II

Hi, try restoring the Mac. The Apple Setup Assistant keeps a cache of the panels you have visited. So if for any reason you went through a couple of panels and then decided to go back by hitting the back button or restarting the Mac, no matter you start at the beginning, it will remember the settings.

byrnese
New Contributor III

I agree with @Phantom5 The time zone thing is definitely not the issue. You may also want to look into reaching out to your Apple rep. They can retroactively place your devices into ASM/ABM with proof of purchase which should make things easier for you as well. It's been a while since I've done it, but when you manually enter them, the enduser will have 30 days to opt out of management which isn't great.

kay-_-
New Contributor III

Thank you both!