DEP loginwindow splash

rwinfie
Contributor

Are there any (zero touch) DEP splash buddy style tools that run at the login window and do not require user to login first to initiate ?

7 REPLIES 7

padpk
New Contributor II

i heard that DEPnotify is able to run at login window.

https://gitlab.com/Mactroll/DEPNotify

Maybe that's suitable for your environment?

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

@padpk I've not been able to get DEPnotify to run at loginwindow. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

I may have to tap someone in the Slack channel.

rwinfie
Contributor

look like by default DEPnotify does not work at the login window in my testing

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

According to the #depnotify Slack channel:

DEPNotify will wait until the Dock is running in order to launch...[Joel] is working on NoMAD-Login that will allow something to run on top of the login window.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

It's possible to make a jamfHelper message appear at the login window, but that's only going to give you a basic screen and not any detailed status of what's happening.

m_donovan
Contributor III

Depending on what you need you could use LoginLog to display the results of a log file over the login window. I have two separate DEP workflows that start with the account created in the Prestage auto logging in after a restart. This allows DEPNotify to launch and setup our student/lab machines without user input. I use ADEPT for staff machines to collect user input for naming the computer and creating the user account as part of the setup process.

rwinfie
Contributor

@m.donovan

You mind sharing your autologin script , I’d like to add it to my workflow to solve this issue