DEP machines not picking up settings

ajamfadmin1810
Contributor

Hello,

I have 22 machines that have all been prepped using a prestage which should take care of our apps and settings on first login. I have noticed that these 22 machines are still named DEP-Serial Number and show no info under any of the details tabs on the inventory page, no user, no filevault info, no apps, no last check in, just shows enrollment date and prestage used. There are users on these machines currently using them, ive been tasked with finding out why they have not been picked up correctly and re enroll them with jamf to make sure they are managed.

All of our machines go through ABM and then Jamf, has anyone else had this issue? We have about 1000 machines total

1 REPLY 1

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

I've witnessed this once or twice and in those cases it was due to the jamf binary somehow not existing on the machine. It got MDM enrolled but stopped short of a full enrollment. You could try doing a user enrollment using your enrollment url i.e. https://jamfinstance.jamfcloud.com/enroll (if you're onprem that url will be different obviously). It's a 50/50 shot as it might complain that an MDM profile already exists.