Deploy Empty Folder

EliasG
Contributor

How can I deploy an empty folder named "Room 23" on a desktop or dock on a mac cart??

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

frozenarse
Contributor II

Could you deploy a script that uses the mkdir command?

View solution in original post

Fink
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi

You could make the folder as you would like to see it with "Room 23" on the Desktop.

Open Composer >> Drag it to the left hand pane >> Create as DMG >> Deploy it to Computers via a Policy

Hope this Helps

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@Fink, I think you left out one step. Check the FEU box on the DMG after its uploaded, or make sure to enable the same option for the package in the policy.
Doing it via DMG like that will work, and is probably one of the few times that the FEU and FUT options actually make sense to use.

5 REPLIES 5

frozenarse
Contributor II

Could you deploy a script that uses the mkdir command?

Fink
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi

You could make the folder as you would like to see it with "Room 23" on the Desktop.

Open Composer >> Drag it to the left hand pane >> Create as DMG >> Deploy it to Computers via a Policy

Hope this Helps

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@Fink, I think you left out one step. Check the FEU box on the DMG after its uploaded, or make sure to enable the same option for the package in the policy.
Doing it via DMG like that will work, and is probably one of the few times that the FEU and FUT options actually make sense to use.

Fink
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@mm2270 Good Call! I did not ask if he wanted it available for all current or future users on the computer.

EliasG
Contributor

Thanks guys that helped!!