Deploying a pkg with text file using Jamf Pro on macOS

bengold
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have a software for macOS with an installation that includes a pkg and txt file (contain arguments). Both files must be on the same folder for the installation.

After installation and giving full disk access, I used the PPPC Utility to create the profile. But how can I attach the txt file for future installations?

Or- once I installed once and created the profile, I don't need the txt file anymore?

Thanks!

Ben.

2 REPLIES 2

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

using composer, put both pkg and text files into /tmp/softwarename 

then run post install script... installer -pkg /tmp/softwarename/sofwarename.pkg 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Depends on what exactly you are doing.

• If you are making the package yourself, just shove the .txt in the directory it needs to be within composer and build the package. 
  • If its a vendor provided package, you likely need to either:
    • convert to source in composer, and add the text file and rebuild the package (this will break the signature of the package)
    • make a new package, adding the vendors package and the text file to the payload. Then use a post install script to run the vendor package (as JAMF wont run it because the .pkg is just a payload) and add whatever arguments are needed to call the text file.