Deploying Configuration Profiles as part of imaging

aburrow
Contributor

I've created a package in Composer that is meant to import a User and Computer Configuration Profile during the imaging process. If I run the package manually both Config. Profiles are installed correctly, if I run it as part of the imaging process the Config. Profiles are not being applied.

My commands are

/usr/bin/profiles -I -F "/private/tmp/configuration_profiles/test - user.mobileconfig"
/usr/bin/profiles -I -F "/private/tmp/configuration_profiles/test - computer.mobileconfig"

The mobileconfig files - Admin RW, Staff R, Everyone R
The configuration_profiles folder - root RWX, admin RX, Everyone RX

Am I missing something that's right in front of me?

4 REPLIES 4

andrewseago
Contributor

At what point is this script being ran? At Reboot?

aburrow
Contributor

Yes At Reboot.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Maybe try adding "$3" to your paths?

/usr/bin/profiles -I -F $3"/private/tmp/configuration_profiles/test - user.mobileconfig"
/usr/bin/profiles -I -F $3"/private/tmp/configuration_profiles/test - computer.mobileconfig"

If that doesn't work, maybe post your script (mask out any sensitive info of course)?

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

aburrow
Contributor

Ok looks like I've got the configuration profiles being applied. However both profiles are being applied as Device profiles under the Profiles System Preference.

As such the "test - user" profile is still not being applied before the first network user login and the redirection of the users profiles to the 2nd partition doesn't occur until the 2nd login.