Deploying Lightspeed Relay Filter Agent via Jamf?

robert1051
New Contributor II

I tried following the script posted on Lightspeed's Software settings and I am having a hard time getting it to work.  I did exactly what the instructions said (replace URL with whatever the link address of the Relay Filter Agent is at right-click copy), made it so it executes at logon.  I see that it executes but Lightspeed does not install.  

I saw some articles from a couple years ago and I am not sure if those still apply.  

These iMacs are a combo of Intel and M1 chip if that matters, all running Big Sur.  

Does anyone have better instructions on how to deploy Lightspeed to Macs using Jamf?

Thanks!

Robert

2 REPLIES 2

jbisgett
Contributor II

jbisgett
Contributor II

Note that Lightspeed has tried to make their installer "smart" in 1.7.0 to automatically detect whether the client is on BigSur or later and not install the KEXT used for system level filtering. Catalina and before will install the KEXT as usual.  Also, you have to deploy the LightSpeed certificate via a configuration profile prior to installing Relay for the first time. If the client was upgraded from a prior OS with Relay already installed, then the certificate is already present. BigSur and later do not allow applications to install root certificates without admin credentials, so the installer no longer tries to generate the certificate. The AutoPKG recipe I linked explains this process.