Deploying Paragon NTFS for Mac 12

Niels_Illem
New Contributor II

Paragon's NTFS for Mac requiers Activation after installing. Even after grabbing all the files with Composer.

After a mail to Paragon's support I got a deployable version: NTFS_for_Mac_12.1.77_deploy.dmg
Make a policy and cache it to the Waiting Room.

Run a script (below) after, it will activate without user interaction.

#!/bin/sh

### Niels Illem
### 17 december 2014
### Versie 1.0
### 
### In policy de DMG laten cachen, deze komt in de Waiting Room

# Mounten DMG
hdiutil attach /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/NTFS_for_Mac_12.1.77_deploy.dmg

# Installer aanroepen
installer -pkg /Volumes/ParagonFS.localized/FSInstaller.app/Contents/Resources/Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X.pkg -target /

# Activeren
/Library/PreferencePanes/NTFSforMacOSX.prefPane/Contents/Resources/postflightinit 11745-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx PSG-xxx-xxx-xx-xxxxxxxxx

sleep 2

# Unmounten volume
hdiutil detach -force /Volumes/ParagonFS.localized

# Waiting Room opruimen
rm -rf /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/NTFS_for_Mac_12.1.77_deploy.dmg

exit 0
5 REPLIES 5

BaddMann
Contributor

Does not appear to work with version 11....

nealh
New Contributor

Thanks a lot for this, I trawled the Internet for a deployment solution to this and your article has been really helpful. I eventually got hold of a copy of the deploy version from Paragon and your script works a treat! Just one question - do you know if there any other post-install options, such as turning off the update check / disabling the driver, etc?

FutureFacinLuke
Contributor II

Hi,

I know its been a while since this was updated:

Here's my working method for NTFS 15

Serial and Download obtained from Paragon Support with instructions similar to the OP

I built a .pkg that puts the installer in /tmp/ParagonFS.localized/FSInstaller.app with the following command in the Post Install Script:

/tmp/ParagonFS.localized/FSInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/FSInstaller install --serial XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

Disable Update Check:

Use DMG with FUT & FEU to add .plist file ~/Library/Preferences/com.paragon-software.ntfs.fsapp.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>LastUpdateCheckDate</key>
    <date>2019-09-22T07:29:00Z</date>
    <key>UpdateCheckDisabled</key>
    <true/>
</dict>
</plist>

isaacnelson
Contributor

@Initialised, is that still working for you with 15.5? I've built a package with a postinstall script to run the FSInstaller command and it just hangs, never completing. Interestingly if I kill the com.paragon-software.installer process it finishes installing and opens up the app.

isaacnelson
Contributor

So, turns out I was trying to do this with the standard installer package rather than one provided by Paragon support. When we requested the deployable version they told us that they only provide that to customers with at least 200 seats. We don't have that many, so I guess we're out of luck. Oh well.