I Have a macbook that will not update inventory. This device was recently updated from High Sierra to Big Sur. When looking in JAMF Pro it shows that the device is checking in properly but hasn't updated inventory since last July. Any suggestions?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am having this issue on a good number of devices. I have the correct policy set up to perform a daily inventory update. I even have my own "FROCED" update that is set to run once per machine.
Even with all this setup I still have computers that won't perform an Inventory update. They are checking in and running a very small number of other policies (scripts mostly). I have opened a support ticket with JAMF to see what they say.
I am sure that running a "sudo jamf recon" locally will correct the issue but I am trying to remotely resolve it. I think some of the problems might be that my users never restart. I am finding some people with uptimes for 45+ days.
I am in the same boat also. Jamf support suggested going into Settings - inventory collection - untick "Collect available software updates " they said it would solve the issue but I am still seeing it every now and then even after asking the user to run a policy in SS that included recon and policy and restart, which fixes it but only for week or two.
I'm seeing the same issue - any resolution? We have macs checking in but no update to inventory even though we have a policy to update inventory daily. I had a user run an update inventory policy via SS and it's just spinning and not updating. This is a huge problem with compliance since we are not getting accurate data with inventory not updating.
@simonep we managed to solve this by getting the user to update to macOS 12.4 or later. It was due to the previous version not playing nice with Jamf so as a result Apple and Jamf seem to have resolved the issue in future updates.
I created a Self Service policy that included recon and policy which brought it back to like so I could check the version of OS and pester the user to update. Note that remote command update commands were also not working in those versions.