Difference between Zoom pkg and Zoom for IT pkg on M1 machines

ajamfadmin1810
Contributor

Hello all

I was just wondering if anyone has the difference in the two pkg's we are primarily an M1 shop and I just noticed that we are currently deploying ZoomforIT. I was looking to update it and used the m1 pkg (not IT one) and ran into an error when trying to update. Id like to use the regular pkg as that seems to update with pkg pretty seamlessly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_ross
Contributor III

@ajamfadmin1810 one of the perks of using the IT version is that includes the iPhone/iPad sharing components so your users don't have to download them later on.  Also the installers (IT or regular) are universal now so no need for separate ones. I just verified this using suspicious package.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.36.29 PM.png

 Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

daniel_ross
Contributor III

@ajamfadmin1810 one of the perks of using the IT version is that includes the iPhone/iPad sharing components so your users don't have to download them later on.  Also the installers (IT or regular) are universal now so no need for separate ones. I just verified this using suspicious package.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 5.36.29 PM.png

 Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the info!! Sounds good, i will test and deploy the IT pkg for our users, and even better that it is universal now

Are your users seeing any errors about "This is managed by IT" when trying to update the software?

Nope. However, we do manage the install via a configuration profile for what settings we want on and set to certain things. Are you using that alongside this installer?

I'd be more than glad to show you how we deploy our setup if you be up for it sometime?

Hi, 

That would be awesome, at the moment we dont have any config profiles pushed along with the app

Sent you a DM @ajamfadmin1810