Digital Guardian

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

We've been using Digital Guardian on windows for years. We've been trying to use it on Macs now for about 2+ years. I've seen a few people posting version changes (ex: @jreinstedler). Is anyone else out there using it? If so, does anyone have issues?

5 REPLIES 5

roiegat
Contributor III

We use it here and its not as developed as it is for the PC side. You have to have a good team to work with in order to make sure all your normal functions can work ok. We had issues with people using Xcode and Photoshop that DG was not liking...so make sure you have a good info sec team.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

We have similar issues here @roiegat with Xcode and Photoshop as well. Still working through them but it's no easy task.

jreinstedler
New Contributor III

@easyedc @roiegat I don't want to get into details here as some of this information should not be made public - users happening across this could use it to further circumvent the Mac agent. I'd love to discuss the issues either of you have had further as we're seeing some issues ourselves (similar, etc).

If you're on the macadmins slack account, request to join #digitalguardian. It is a private channel.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

@jreinstedler Not seeing that as a discoverable Slack channel. Is it spelled correctly?

marc_grubb
New Contributor III

Just chiming in to say we're a DG for Windows shop and I'm about to test it & deploy it on Macs. I've had DG on my MacBook Pro for two months and I forget that it's there, though I have seen it cause issues with Xcode on another Mac. DG will be mandatory for us, and I'm glad to see some fellow admins here on JAMF Nation. I'll definitely check out the slack channel.