Digital Signage Mac Solutions?

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Just wondering if anyone is using a digital signage solution (mac based)?
If so, do you like it and company details?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
6 REPLIES 6

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We use: http://www.sedna.de/en/products/sedna-presenter/

Currently 11 Macs & 20 iPads. Works well enough.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Looks really nice. Very robust and love the design overall. The only thing that I'd worry about with the Sedna product is it may be overwhelming to some of the non-techie people that I may have to train to manage it.

Thanks for the info though!

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I'd love any additional input anyone else has. I've got a few standalone Mac mini's playing presentations and there're OK. I know that there's a bunch of different software packages out there for them but I'd prefer dedicated hardware. I'm testing BrightSign players right now, but there's no native OS X app, though there is a webUI that's supposed to work well (I'm waiting for my evaluation copy). However, I'm finding the BrightAuthor software to be quite buggy. Does anyone have any experience with this?

syncron
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We're using (Embed Signage) for a client with 9 digital displays (including one that is 4K). Each of the displays is powered by a Mac Mini connected to a TV. EmbedSignage supports:

iOS (iOS6+)
Android (Jelly Bean 4.2+)
ONELAN Media Players (V9.3.7+)
Samsung Smart Signage Platform
Windows (Windows 7+)
Mac OSX (10.7+)
Chrome OS (V.32+)

Their product is a little buggy but compared to some of the other Mac alternatives it's quite good and their technical support is very responsive. I like that it's cloud managed, has 4K support (not all products do this yet), is cross-platform, and let's me create sophisticated content schedules.

Sedna looks impressive but it seems like it might take a bit longer to get setup.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

@syncron Thanks for the input. We ended up choosing to work with BrightSign and I'm very happy with it. There is a paid cloud service for updating simple presentations (single screen, movie or slideshow) via any device. The more advanced stuff (live streaming, multi-screen, multi-display walls, etc) still needs to be set by a Windows client until the online offering becomes more advanced. The good news is that we're planning on moving to a full HTML 5 presentation site for the Displays around campus which these devices are fully capable of interacting with. Combine these with some nice industrial touch screens and the marketing folks can just build websites for them instead of presentations. In the mean time, the things work like a charm and are pretty check compared with a Mac Mini.

Again, thanks for everyone's input here!

andersenlab
New Contributor II

Good day! Digital Signage Mac Solutions are available from Andersen. Andersen is a leading provider of digital signage Mac solutions. Their solutions are designed to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes. Their team of experts can help you choose the right solution for your business.