Disable "Play sound for notifications" in Self Service

XMichael-O
New Contributor

Hello all,

A user is having an issue with the sounds that play every time he gets a notification. When he goes to System Preferences -> Notification -> Self Service, he is not able to untick the box. In Jamf Pro, I don't see any settings in Jamf to specifically allow him to turn it off.

How would I go about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waldroup151
New Contributor II

Jamf Pro does not currently support uploading a signed or unsigned configuration profile that specifies a Notifications payload. Instead, a workaround is to craft the JumpCloud Notifications payload yourself in the Jamf Pro application. You can enable Self Service notifications for macOS using the Self Service Configuration settings in Jamf Pro. My AARP Medicare

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waldroup151
New Contributor II

Jamf Pro does not currently support uploading a signed or unsigned configuration profile that specifies a Notifications payload. Instead, a workaround is to craft the JumpCloud Notifications payload yourself in the Jamf Pro application. You can enable Self Service notifications for macOS using the Self Service Configuration settings in Jamf Pro. My AARP Medicare

PatrickD
Contributor II

@XMichael-O 
If you check the installed Config Profiles on your device, you should see one called "Jamf Notifications". 

Notification Preferences deployed via a Config Profile cannot be modified by an end user.

You may be able to remove that Config Profile by unchecking the "Enable Self Service Notifications" option located in Jamf Pro -> Settings -> Self Service -> macOS. I haven't tried this so I can't confirm if this will work or not.

Once you have done that you can create your own Self Service Notification Config Profile. You can then potentially offer a specific Self Service Notification Config Profile to that user which has the "Play sound for notifications" option turned off.

---

@Waldroup151, Jamf does allow you to create Config Profiles with a Notifications payload.